Sunday 11 July 2010

Tour du mont blanc day 1

I arrived in geneva with my brother and sister after a white knuckle ride to luton airport. We are out here to do the tour du mont blanc. I would naturally want to light pack this but this time i am team porter. This suits me as lugging a big rucsac over alpine passes is good training. I am trying to pack as much team lit in my pack as possible.
Today was the first day and we walked from les houches to auberge du truc: a very quiet little refuge above les contamines. We've had great weather and views. At the col du tricot we admired the ascent line of mont blanc that we did with my dad about 5 years ago. We have had a nice meal with the domes de miage as a backdrop. Tomorrow we will walk as far as the fancy takes my bro and sis and then i might see about ticking off a side objective before camping.

1 comment: